Best Cordless Vacuum for Pet Hair – Complete Guide!
By William | December 20, 2017
An Easy Guide to Help You Select the Best Cordless Vacuum for Pet Hair!
Check Out my Latest Recommendations for 2019!
If you share your home with a pet that sheds hair, you want the best cordless vacuum you can find to make your life easier plus save you time.
We all love our pets but dealing with the hair they shed is a constant battle. Dragging out the heavy old plug-in vacuum is about as much of a chore as mowing the lawn. But it doesn’t have to be that way!
A New Generation of Cordless Vacuums!
There’s a new generation of battery-powered cordless vacuums that can make managing the messes our pets make easier and faster. These new machines have more power, longer operating time, plus high-tech features that can help get the job done faster and easier.
With the right cord-free vacuum, you will probably find that you are spending less time cleaning and more time doing the things you love. After all, that’s what we all really want, isn’t it!
Why Should you Trust My Advice?
I believe it’s important to know what the qualifications are of someone offering advice about which vacuum cleaners are the best. There’s are a lot of so-called experts on the internet handing out advice these days. They have nice-looking websites. But who’s advice can you really trust when it comes to buying a cordless stick vacuum cleaner?
I spent years as an IICRC Floor Care and Carpet Cleaning technician (Recently Retired) pushing around all types of vacuums. During that time I learned what to look for in choosing a machine that would clean the fastest and most efficiently. This also gave me the opportunity to observe my customer’s vacuums and see first hand which ones worked best and lasted the longest.
The homes that had pets usually presented the most work for me. So, my experience with vacuum cleaners and cleaning pet hair has given me a unique perspective when it comes to selecting a vacuum cleaner.
So, let’s dive in and see if we can connect you with a really great cordless vacuum that fits your needs as a pet owner.
Top 6 Best Rated Cordless Vacuums for Pet Hair
(Updated 9/14/19) I want my customers to have the best experience possible so I have carefully researched and reviewed each of the vacuum models recommended below. Each one has a combination of the important features I have mentioned in this article, plus other unique features.
I strongly believe these are 5 of the very best cordless vacuums currently available for managing pet hair.
Please NOTE: For your convenience, I have provided a detailed description of each vacuum model directly below. I have also provided a Side-by-Side Comparison Table at the end of this article so you can compare features, specs, and price.
NOTE: If you happen to reside in a European Country you can easily and safely charge the battery in any of the cordless vacuums listed below by using a Voltage Converter
Until recently, cordless stick vacuums have offered the pet owner an excellent option as a supplemental cleaning tool to help manage pet messes in their home. Finally, the Dyson V11 Animal can actually be used as a whole-house, multi-floor vacuum in many instances.
Over the Top Suction!
The Dyson V11 Animal boasts 185 Air Watts of suction power. That’s 20 percent more power than their very popular Cyclone V10 Absolute model.
And when you apply that amount of suction power to cleaning carpet or hard floors, the end results is impressive to say the least!
In my Review, the Dyson V11 Torque Drive (SEE: Differences Between V11 Torque Drive and V11 Animal ) it defeated all types of dirt, dust, and large debris; easily removing them from both carpet and hard floors. Removing embedded pet hair from even long pile carpet was no challenge for the V11.
High Torque Cleaning Head
Dyson has equipped the Cleaning Head with a Dynamic Load Sensor (DLS) that detects differences in floor surfaces. When you transition from carpet to hard floors it tells the motor to slow down. This minimizes the spinning brush from slinging Fido’s Kibble & Bits or Junior’s Cheerios all across the kitchen floor.
When you cross over to carpet the DLS tells the brush roll motor to speed up to provide the necessary agitation to remove deep-down pet hair and dirt.
LED Intelligence Reports
When you are vacuuming your home with a cordless vacuum there is certain important information the operator should be aware of.
The Dyson V11 Animal is outfitted with an LED Intelligence Display that enables the operator to monitor the selected Cleaning MODE and provide Maintenance Reports.
Three Cleaning Modes
- ECO Mode is intended for everyday light cleaning. This is the ideal setting for removing surface dirt and debris including pet hair and shredded pet toys.
- In Auto Mode, the Torque Drive floor brush is equipped with a dynamic load sensor that detects the differences in floor surface. It sends a signal to the motor to speed up or slow down to give optimal performance. When you vacuum carpet the brush roll speeds up for deep down cleaning and when you move over to hard floor surfaces it slows down. This feature eliminates (almost) the issues of slinging your pets dry pet food across the floor instead of picking it up. You can expect around 30 minutes of Run Time in Auto Mode depending on floor type.
- Boost Mode is for those really dirty areas such as cracks or embedded dirt or pet hair in carpet. You can expect around 15 minutes in Boost Mode.
You will find that having this information readily available makes it so much easier to get the most performance out of the V11 Animal cordless vac.
Another limitation cordless stick vacuums have suffered in the past is marginal operating time. Your cleaning would have to be accomplished in 15 to 20 minutes before running out of battery power. Dyson has equipped the V11 Animal with a 7 Cell Lithium-Ion Battery that can operate the machine with the Torque Drive floor brush for up to 60 minutes in Eco mode.
Easy-Empty Dust Cup
The V11 Animal features a large .810 dry quart Dust Cup that is incredibly easy to empty. Once it’s full, just point it in the trash can and press down on the red tab. Watch the dirt and clumps of dust and hair actually shoot into the trash can. No more reaching in with your fingers or a stick!
- Unsurpassed 185 AW of Suction Power for absolute cleaning performance
- LED Display Screen provides Intelligence Reports in real time to maximize machine performance
- Torque Drive Floor Brush with Dynamic Load Sensor Intelligently detects floor differences
- Extra-Large Easy-Empty Dust Cup holds .810 dry qts.
- Up to 60 Minutes of Fade-Free operating time (in ECO Mode)
- Handheld 2-in-1 Versatility for cleaning sofa, stairs, and car
- HEPA-Level Full-Machine Filtration removes 99.97% of dangerous particles down to 0.3 microns
- Acoustically Engineered for Quiet Operation
- Included: High Torque Cleaning Head, Mini-Motorized Tool, Combo Tool, Crevice Tool, Stubborn Dirt Brush, Wand Storage Clip, Docking Station and Charger
- Warranty: 2 Dyson Year Parts & Labor
Check Out this Dyson Customer Support VIDEO!
The Dyson V11 Animal is a break-through household product that every pet-loving homeowner will fall in love with. It’s powerful enough to do more than just clean light, everyday messes. This machine can do the heavy cleaning also. This is the most effective battery-powered vacuum for Pet Hair management currently available.
It has enough Run Time to be able to complete all but the largest cleaning tasks. It is outfitted with the sophisticated technology you’d expect from a top-of-the-line product like this. LED Monitoring keeps you informed of the information you should know for maximum performance. The DLS equipped Floor Brush that automatically adjusts brush speed for optimum performance. And, the highest capacity battery in the industry that allows up to 60 minutes of uninterrupted cleaning.
Although the Dyson V11 Animal is receiving accolades from across the internet from happy customers, it’s not a perfect vacuum. There are several design issues that some customers are complaining about.
- The Trigger On/Off switch must be depressed to operate. Some customers report finger fatigue from holding the trigger in for extended periods of time. Dyson uses this On/Off system to minimize battery drain.
- Not Free-Standing is another issue some owners complain about with cordless stick vacuums in general. The Dyson V11 does come with a Wall-Mount Docking Station and there are numerous aftermarket stands available that help alleviate this issue.
- Very Expensive! Yea, the current price is definitely high. However when you consider the quality, exceptional cleaning performance, technical sophistication, and the amount of time the V11 Torque can save you each month the price becomes a lot more palatable.
If you are a person who shares your home with a furry animal and want to take control of pet hair and other messes, you will absolutely love the Dyson V11 Torque Drive Cordless. It truly is the ultimate cleaning machine!
Take Me to COMPARISON TABLE
The new Tineco PURE ONE S12 Plus is a top tier cordless stick vacuum with a high-end price tag. This sophisticated, elegant looking machine just might be the best cordless vacuum for pet hair on the planet.
It’s fully equipped to help you manage pet hair and every other mess that pets make in your entire home.
New Subsidiary of Old Parent Corporation
In case the name Tineco isn’t familiar to you it’s because it was founded in the Spring of 2018 as a subsidiary of Ecovacs Robotics, Inc..
Ecovacs is one of the leading manufactures of robot vacuums with US corporate headquarters located in San Francisco, CA. USA. CustomerService@Ecovacs.com, 1 /844-326-8227.
SMART Technology and State-of-the-Art Features
The Tineco PURE ONE S12 is the most technically advanced cordless stick vacuum currently available. It’s loaded with State-of-the-Art features that are designed to maximize cleaning performance and user friendliness.
Useful features like Smartphone App Integration that enables the operator to monitor real-time performance. This unique feature also provides you with Maintenance Reminders and Cleaning Reports. In case any issues arise, it provides you with immediate access to Troubleshooting and Support.
This is not just an appliance to clean floors, but a highly advanced machine that’s designed to clean every nook and cranny in your home efficiently and intelligently.
NOTE: Vacuum can be used with or without Smartphone App.
Amazing Suction Power!
One of the stand-out attributes of the Tineco PURE ONE S12 Plus is powerful suction. The S12 DC motor develops a massive 150 Air Watts of suction power rated at the nozzle in MAX Mode. This makes it one of the most powerful cordless stick vacuums currently available.
That’s a whopping 450% increase over the Tineco A10 Hero which was Tineco’s first cordless stick vacuum entry. (It’s still a very popular cord-free stick vacuum with pet owners.)
SMART Suction Technology
This revolutionary technology utilizes a processor and an iLoop Sensor located in the stem that monitors the amount of dust and dirt that passes. The sensor is active in both Upright and Handheld mode. The benefits of this technology are twofold:
- Detects concentrations of dirt, dust, debris, and hair and automatically adjusts suction for maximum deep cleaning performance.
- Minimizes unnecessary battery drain by using maximum suction only when needed.
The SMART Suction feature functions in Auto Mode which is also the default mode when you turn the vacuum cleaner on. As you push the vacuum across the floor the suction is adjusted to minimum which is sufficient to clean areas of light dust and dirt. When it encounters heavier concentrations of dust, dirt, and debris the suction is automatically increased as needed.
(NOTE: The suction can also be controlled manually by using the control located on the handle. )
Watch this Brief VIDEO!
LED Digital Display Screen
- Remaining Runtime function: As you vacuum you will see how many minutes of operating time left displayed in count-down format.
- Maintenance Alerts: An alert lets you know when the filter needs cleaning or if there’s a clog. This is a common complaint when cleaning pet hair using any vacuum.
- Dust Amount: This function enables you to see how much dirt/dust the S12 is devouring.
- Power Mode: See which power mode is being used, Manual or Auto.
Battery and Runtime
One of the limitations that has kept pet owners from investing in a cordless vacuum is limited runtime. As battery technology has improved runtimes have increased. One of the features I really like about the Tineco Pure One S12 Plus is that it comes with TWO removable battery packs. This enables you to swap out the discharged battery for a freshly charged one while on the fly.
The Pure One S12 Plus will run up to 100 minutes per battery pack in AUTO Mode, depending on how much dirt, dust, debris, and hair it encounters.
That’s enough operating time to tackle all even the largest cleaning tasks.
- 150 Air Watts of fade-free suction power in MAX Mode
- SMART Suction iLoop Dust Sensor detects dirt and dust concentration and automatically adjusts suction for enhanced cleaning performance
- SMART App Integration enables real-time monitoring of performance, maintenance reminders, reports, and troubleshooting
- (2) each Detachable 2500mAh Battery Packs for extended Runtimes of up to 100 minutes each in AUTO Mode
- 4 Stage HEPA-Level Filtration traps 99.97% of fine dust, pollen, mold spores, pet dander, and pet dander feces.
- Accessories Included: 2X Battery Packs, 2X HEPA Filters, Rinse-Free Pre-Filter Cleaning Tool, Mini Powered Brush, Crevice Tool, 2-in-1 Dusting Tool, Soft Dusting Tool, Flexible Crevice Tool, Dual Charge Wall Mount, Flexible Extension Hose, Multi-Angle Adapter, Direct-Drive LED Multi-Tasker Power Floor Brush and LED Hard Floor Soft-Roller Power Floor Brush
- 2 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
Check Out this Amazing Demo VIDEO!
Dirt, dust, and pet hair are completely cleaned from bare or hardwood floors Using the Direct-Drive LED Multi-Tasker Power Brush. I found that large debris such as dry cat or dog food presents a bit more of a challenge. Some of the debris tends to get plowed along the floor and may require additional passes to remove.
Using the included Soft-Roller Power Brush all large debris is easily sucked up. It also works well for large debris on carpet.
Using the Direct Drive Multi-Tasker Floor Brush, the cleaning performance on carpet is excellent. The exceptionally high suction power deep cleans dust, dirt, and pet hair from even high pile plush carpet.
- Doesn’t stand on its own.
- High price tag.
One customer complained that the App “.. wants to access your photo and other personal data when you connect with your phone.” According to Tineco CS it DOES NOT!
I believe the Tineco PURE ONE S12 Plus is currently one of the very best Cordless Vacuums for dealing with pet hair and other messes in the home. This is not just a vacuum cleaner for cleaning floors, its a complete whole-house cleaning system.
The Tineco PURE ONE S12 is an elegant looking machine and the build quality is evident the instant you open the box. This is a vacuum cleaner anyone would be proud to own.
Tineco PURE ONE S12 Plus vs the Dyson V11 Animal?
Your probably asking: Which one is best, the Tineco PURE ONE S12 Plus or the Dyson V11 Animal? Based on my experience with both brands and both models I would have to say the Tineco S12 has the advantage.
- Both vacuums deliver almost identical cleaning performance. However, the S12 is equipped with the Smart Suction iLoop Technology which I believe is the future of cordless vacuums.
- It comes with (2) Removable Battery Packs which means you can swap out the discharged one for one freshly charged and keep on truckin!
- The Tineco PURE ONE S12 comes with more useful accessories for whole-house cleaning than the V11.
The two advantages the Dyson V11 Animal has over the Tineco PURE ONE S12 are a slightly more effective filtration system, and, the dust cup emptying system is a better design in my opinion.
Although the Dyson V11 is rated higher, both vacuums have plenty of suction for even plush carpet and will provide the same cleaning performance overall.COMPARISON CHART
Finally, a really Practical cordless vacuum for pet owners! Don’t get me wrong, I love the very popular “motorhead” design that made cleaning your floors fun. But the new ION P50 Cordless Upright Vacuum (IC162) from SharkNinja is not only fun to operate; it’s a really practical appliance for anyone who shares their home with furry pets.
Two Rollers, One Power Head
First off, SharkNinja has equipped the IC162 with their patented and proven DuoClean Power Head. It amounts to Two Rollers in One Power Head – a Soft Roller for unsurpassed cleaning performance of large debris on hardwood floors or carpet. It excels at removing find dirt, dust, and pet hair from wood floors and produces a “just buffed look.”
A Standard Roller with Stiff bristles in located in the rear of the power head for deep cleaning carpet. Pet hair doesn’t stand a chance with DuoClean!
Choose Your Speed
There is a Floor Type Selector button located on the handle that lets you Slow Down the brushes for carpet or Speed Up for carpet.
Perhaps the biggest advantage of the DuoClean feature is you don’t have to stop cleaning to swap floor brushes every time you move to a different room like with the Dyson V8 or Cyclone V10.
The next feature that sets the ION P50 (IC162) from the competition is its FREE-STANDING! When you’re done vacuuming or have to stop to answer the phone, just return it to the upright position instead of leaning it against a piece of furniture. Simply return it to it’s upright position and it’s Parked!
SharkNinja has beefed up the suction power to an amazing 79 inches of water lift which is the highest currently available on a cordless vacuum. That’s enough suction to extract the dirt that gets trapped in the cracks between wood floor boards or along baseboards for a really thorough clean.
A 28.8 Volt Lithium-ion Battery Pack provides up to 30 minutes of Runtime in the Upright or Lift-Away Mode. This is comparable to the Dyson V8 and V10 with about the same Air Flow volume of about 28 CFM. Up to 50 minutes in Portable Above-Floor mode is more than enough time to tackle those above-floor cleaning areas. If that’s not enough operating time you can purchase an Optional 2nd Battery Pack and Double the Operating time.
XL Dust Cup
Another feature important to pet owners is the XL Dust Cup with a capacity of about 5 cups which is one of the largest available on a cordless vacuum. It’s easy to empty and clumped up pet hair or dust are not prone to sticking on the cyclone apparatus.
- DuoClean Technology for unsurpassed cleaning performance on hardwood and carpeted floors
- Upright Vacuum Cleaning Performance without the Cord
- Powered Lift-Away® feature for Portable Above-Floor cleaning
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology w/ HEPA-Level Filtration blocks 99.99% of Allergens as minuscule as 0.3 Microns
- Freestanding for Easy Parking and convenient storage
- Removable /Replaceable Battery provides up to 30 Minutes of Runtime w/ power head and 50 minutes above-floor mode
- Bright LED Headlamps reveal the dirt
- Included: Upholstery Tool, Dusting Brush, Duster Crevice Tool, (1) ION Battery Pack, Charging Cradle
- 5 Year Manufactures Warranty, 2 Year on Battery
Check Out this Impressive Demo VIDEO!
The new Shark ION P50 Cordless Upright Vacuum (IC162) represents a Breakthrough for pet owners who are seeking the convenience Cord-Free Operation with the comparable Performance of a traditional Upright vacuum.
This is a very Practical appliance! It has the Suction Power to really do a really credible cleaning job on hardwood floors and carpet. The large 28.5 Volt battery pack provides enough Runtime to get most cleaning jobs done. The XL Dust Cup has enough capacity to let you spend your time cleaning instead of emptying.
The Shark ION P50 Cordless Upright Vacuum (IC162) is the emanation of some inspired engineers who have put a lot of thought into this design. It’s clear that their goal was to address the needs of their customers.
I am confident in recommending the Shark ION P50 as one of the best cordless vacuums for pet hair currently available.
Take Me to COMPARISON TABLE
Have you looked at the new Tineco A10 Hero Cordless Stick Vacuum yet?? If you are like me I didn’t recognize the name Tineco either. Normally I don’t recommend a product from a company that has no track record to stand on. But, as it turns out, Tineco is the new cordless stick vacuum division of the well-established company, Ecovacs Robotics, Inc. They are located at 487 Bryant Street, 1st Floor San Francisco, CA 94107, USA, CustomerService@Ecovacs.com, 1 /844-326-8227.
When I reviewed the new Tineco A10 Hero Cord-Free Stick it demonstrated excellent performance for cleaning pet hair from my hardwood floor and low to medium pile carpet.
I was favorably impressed with the suction power of this product. It delivers 110 Air Watts of suction power, compared to the Dyson V8 Animal’s 115 Air Watts. Even more impressive, it’s much less expensive than the Dyson.
This machine has good build quality and features. It arrives equipped and ready to take on most of your pet cleaning chores.
The Tineco A10 Hero includes a well-designed Mini-Power Brush that’s ideal for cleaning stairs, both the horizontal and vertical portion. Or, use it for cleaning messes on lush upholstery.
A 2-in-1 Dusting Brush easily cleans furniture, drapes, and tight places on hard floors. Use the Crevice Tool to clean between cushions and or other narrow places.
The Wand and attachments snap on and off easily with one hand while on-the-fly. Press the MAX Suction button for those really stubborn areas.
Another feature that I really like about the Tineco A10 Hero is it has a Removable Battery Pack. This enables you to purchase a 2nd Optional Battery Pack and use it to double its runtime.
- 110 Air Watts of Fade-Free Cleaning Power
- 21.6V Lithium-Ion Removable Battery Pack delivers up to 25 minutes Runtime in Normal Mode, 7 min. in MAX
- Upgradable Runtime w/ Optional 2nd Battery
- Hygienic HEPA Filtering System w/ cleanable, replaceable filters
- HEPA Filtering System
- Bright LED Headlamps on Power Floor Brush
- Light Weight & Highly Maneuverable at only 5.3 lbs.
- Includes: Motorized Carpet Brush, Mini Power Brush, 2-in-1 Dusting Brush, Crevice Tool, Tool and Docking Caddy, and Charger Adapter.
- 2 Year Warranty against defects and workmanship / 5 Year Warranty main digital motor
Watch this Cool Demonstration VIDEO!
The Tineco A10 Hero has an easy to empty .107 gal. Dust Cup that’s smaller than the Dyson V8 and larger than the Shark IONFlex DuoClean (IF201).
This is a very quiet, user-friendly battery-powered stick vac that has a 10.4 inch cleaning path, so you clean more floor with less time and effort. That’s as large as some full-size corded vacuums!
It easily cleaned pet hair from my short and medium pile carpet on Normal Suction Mode.
The HEPA Filter traps those allergy causing particles such as pet dander, dust mites, pollen, and mold spores.
Like most battery-operated stick vacuums the Tineco A10 requires cleaning the filter somewhat frequently. That’s because the airways and filters are small.
One of the disappointments I had when testing this product is that it didn’t pick up large debris such as dried dog or cat food from my hardwood floor. That’s because the powered floor brush is designed for mostly carpet. The good news is you can purchase an Optional Hard Floor Power Brush that totally cleans any mess you might encounter on your hard floors.
My main peeve (as with most cordless stick vacs) is the A10 is not Free-Standing. However, a handy chair or wall does the trick.
A smarter option is to upgrade to Tineco’s A10 Master Edition . It’s the exact same machine as the A10 Hero, except for the trim color plus it includes 2 Battery Packs, a Power Carpet Brush and a Power Hard Floor Brush, plus the other attachments at a very attractive price.
I found the Tineco A10 Hero to be pleasant to operate and very effective in my cleaning tests. This a nicely designed and built cordless vacuum that will work great for helping you manage pet hair. I highly recommend this vacuum!
Take Me to COMPARISON TABLE
When it comes to helpful cordless tools and appliances Black and Decker is a name that has earned a place at the top of the list. After all, they pioneered the first commercially successful battery-powered handheld vacuum.
A Fresh Departure
The BLACK and DECKER POWERSERIES PRO Cordless Lithium 2 in1 Pet Stick Vacuum, HCUA525JP is a refreshing departure from the trendy motorhead stick vacuum design.
Instead, B&D has built this model upon the more traditional Upright configuration. You might ask “why is this important to me?” In the first place the B&D Powerseries Pro HCUA525JP will stand on its own without having to lean it against a wall or furniture every time you have to stop and answer the phone.
Lower Center of Gravity
Also, the center of gravity is lower placing more weight on the floor nozzle instead of near the handle. This applies more weight to the floor nozzle where it belongs for more even cleaning.
Even though it has a traditional upright vacuum configuration, it boasts some innovative features that make it highly effective for managing pet hair.
One of the issues that can make vacuuming pet hair an pleasant chore is having to remove hair that gets tangled around the brushroll. B&D has addressed this issue by incorporating Anti-Tangle Bristles in the brushroll. It doesn’t eliminate the problem completely but it helps considerably.
The air channels on this machine are sufficient size to handle clumps of fur without clogging. This is a common problem with many cordless stick vacuums.
A 20V Lithium Battery provides plenty of suction power to get the job done and up to 60 minutes of runtime (suction-only.) You can expect 20 to 25 minutes while operating with the motorized floor brush.
Its charged by a small yet efficient jack plug charger that plugs into any convenient 110/120V wall receptacle.
Parkable or Free-Standing
One of the features I really like is this vacuum Stands Alone. It doesn’t require a wall-mounted bracket like most of the motorhead designs. Just move it to the upright position to Park it.
Larger Dirt Canister
A common complaint with some of the other cordless pet vacuums is insufficient dirt cup capacity. Black and Decker has solved this problem with a clever Dust Compacter. While you vacuum it creates 1.05 qts. of space in the dirt canister so you don’t have to stop every 3 minutes to empty.
Additionally it makes it easier to empty once it is full. This is a huge benefit for pet owners. You shouldn’t have to touch the yucky nasty dirt and hair once the vacuum cleaner has done its job.
SMARTECH is a B&D proprietary feature that performs 3 very important functions:
- AUTOSENSE automatically regulates the suction as you move from carpet to bare floors to maximize runtime
- BATTERYSENSE lets you monitor your remaining battery time
- FILTERSENSE lets you know when to clean the filter
Another feature that really impresses me is the unique Lift-Off capability. It allows you to carry the light-weight canister with one hand while using the flex hose and attachments in the other. This allows you to clean furniture, counter tops, or 4 foot overhead areas using the extension wand.
Anti-Tangle Floor Brush
The Anti-Tangle Rubber bristles on the floor brush does a superior job of lifting out trapped pet hair from carpets as well as from smooth hard floors.
Check Out this Detailed Personal Review VIDEO!
The BLACK and DECKER POWERSERIES PRO Cordless Lithium 2in1 Pet Stick Vacuum, HCUA525JP comes with: A Jack Plug wall Charger, 5” Pet Brush, 9” Crevice Tool, CUASF10 Washable Filter Kit, 3-in-1 Accessory Tool, and a CUASF10 Scented Tablet for managing pet odor.
This cordless pet vacuum does an excellent job cleaning smooth floors and works well carpet.
The B&D POWERSERIES PRO HCUA525JP is a serious tool for managing your pet’s messes in your home. It’s backed by a 2 Year Manufacture Warranty. It has a whopping 1.05 qt. Dirt Cup capacity, and weighs only 8.25 lbs.
It deserves to be at the top of your list of the Best Cordless Vacuums for Pet Hair.
Take Me to COMPARISON TABLE
This distinctive looking cordless stick vacuum from SharkNinja was designed especially for pet owners. Boasting 181 Watts of suction power, the Shark Rocket Pet Pro Cordless (IZ162H) easily removes pet hair from carpet and hardwood floors.
CleanTouch™ Dirt Ejector System
One of the most frequent complaints pet owners have is emptying the dust cup. Clumps of pet hair tend to get stuck and won’t fall out without reaching in with your fingers or a stick. Yuck!
The Shark Rocket Pet Pro Cordless (IZ162H) addresses that problem with their patented new CleanTouch™ Dirt Ejector System.
This amounts to a high-capacity dust cup designed to handle those long cleaning sessions and holds lots of dirt and hair. And when it’s time to empty, simply press the Knob and watch those yucky clumps fall into the trash can without touching it. This system is so much more hygienic and saves time as well.
Dirt Engage™ Technology
Another issue some pet owners have with cordless stick vacs is that long hair tends to get wrapped around the roller. Previously, the operator had to stop vacuuming and clip and pull the strands of hair off before continuing.
SharkNinja solved that problem with their new Self-cleaning brushroll with Dirt Engage™ technology that eliminates Hair Wrap!
Not only does this advanced feature eliminate hair wrap, it is designed to dig deeper into carpet pile for a complete clean. And when it comes to cleaning up the large debris pets leave around the floor, the Dirt Engage™ Cleaning Head handles that easily. With most vacuums large debris, such as dried pet food and shredded toys, tend to get plowed ahead of the floor brush. Or, some of it get scattered across the room. The Dirt Engage™ system is designed to gobble up large debris from hard floors and on carpet.
- Powerful 181 Watts of Suction Power handles pet hair and dirt easily
- Dirt Engage™ Cleaning Head directly engages floors and removes deeply embedded debris and pet hair from carpet.
- Anti-Hair Wrap Technology eliminates having to untangle long hair from brushroll
- CleanTouch™ Dirt Ejector System eliminates having to reach into dust cup to remove clumps of hair
- Bright LED Headlamps show you where the dirt is hiding
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal HEPA-Level Filtration traps 99.9% of allergy-triggering pet dander, dust mites, pollen, mold spores, and dust mite feces as tiny as 0.3 microns
- Up to 40 Minutes of Runtime in Standard Mode (measured at the hand vacuum intake)
- Converts to Powerful Handheld Vacuum for above-floor cleaning
- Removable Battery Pack can be charged in or out of vacuum unit
- Included: Pet Multi-Tool, Crevice Tool, Wall Mount, and Charger
- 5 Year Limited Warranty
Check Out this Brief Demo VIDEO!
The new Shark Rocket Pet Pro Cordless (IZ162H) represents a real break-through for pet owners. Its cleaning performance is outstanding on both carpet and hard floors. Feature such as the Dirt Engage™ Cleaning Head and the CleanTouch™ Dirt Ejector System eliminate two major complaints of dealing with pet hair.
A Removable Battery Pack allows you to charge both in and out of the vacuum unit. And, SharkNinja backs their Rocket Pet Pro Cordless (IZ162H) with an industry-leading 5 Year Warranty.
As usual, the engineers at SharkNinja have been listening to their customers and delivered a product to address their needs. The Rocket Pet Pro Cordless (IZ162H) is currently one of the best cordless stick vacuums especially designed for the pet owner.
I would like to have seen Shark include a Mini-Motorized Tool for this model for cleaning carpeted stairs. However, the suction is powerful enough that the Pet Multi-Tool does a very decent job.
In my experience I have never regretted recommending a SharkNinja product and the (IZ162H) is no exception. This is a fine cordless vacuum that will save you time and make cleaning up after your pets so much easier!
Compare Features and Specs of Cordless Pet Hair Vacuums
What to Look for When Choosing a Cordless Vacuum for Pet Hair
Since most homes have a combination of floor types it’s important to choose a cordless vacuum that is designed to work effectively on both carpet and hard floors. Additionally, a cordless pet hair vacuum should have the necessary features and attachments for above-floor cleaning.
Since the cordless vacuum cleaner revolution began a few years ago I have had the experience of researching and reviewing a multitude of battery-powered stick vacuum models. I have learned by experience there are six (6) key features or qualities the machine must have for it to work well for removing pet hair and other pet messes.
- Powerful Suction: The most important feature to look for when selecting a vacuum is Powerful Suction. On a cordless vacuum, the primary determining factors that governs suction power is the Voltage of the battery and efficiency of the DC Motor. So, as a general rule, you want to look for the vacuum model with the highest Voltage rating. The top rated cordless stick vacuums are generally equipped with 19 to 25 Volt batteries.
- Motor-Powered Brush Roll: A motor powered brush roll is just as important as powerful suction when it comes to removing pet hair from your floors. In fact, no matter how strong the suction a vacuum cleaner produces it has virtually no chance of removing pet hair once it has become entwined in carpet fibers. Depending on the breed of animal, the shaft of a pet hair has a rough scaly surface that makes it difficult to remove from the carpet pile. The mechanical agitation of a brush is absolutely necessary to loosen it from the grip of the pile and move it into the suction zone so it can be conveyed into the dirt cup.
- Sufficient Run Time: The biggest perceived advantage of a cordless vacuum is the convenience of not having to deal with a long power cord every time you operate it. But there’s no net gain if your machine doesn’t provide enough Run Time to get the job done between charges. The moment you press the power button, the clock begins ticking. My recommendation is to select either a model with Removable Battery Pack. This allows you to swap out the depleted one for a freshly charged one and keep on cleaning. Or, choose a Model with one, built-in battery that allows you as mush operating time as you require.
- Sufficient Capacity: Pet hair takes up a lot of space so it’s important to choose a vacuum cleaner model that has ample Dirt Cup capacity. Otherwise you will be spending too much time having to stop and empty the cup causing a net loss as far as convenience and time saving goes. This is another area where I where I have seen improvements in the vacuum cleaner industry.
- Effective Filtration: One of the most important features pet owners should look for when selecting any vacuum is Effective Filtration. You’re probably aware that pets shed more than just their fur. They also shed pet dander that attracts dust mites and dust mites leave feces, especially in your carpet. This cycle can become an allergy sufferer’s nightmare. The top-rated Cordless Vacuums feature filtration systems that will trap up to 99% of unhealthy particulates and keep them from being exhausted back in to the air you breathe. (SEE: Effective Filtration Is a Critical Feature for All Vacuum Cleaners )
- Versatility: It’s important that your new cordless pet hair vacuum has sufficient features and attachments to deal with all the messes pet owners typically encounter. Most of the newer generation of Cordless Stick Vacuums easily convert to a convenient handheld unit. This works extremely well for dealing with dirt, debris, plus hair on stairs, furniture, and above-floor areas. Also, the more attachments that come with your new vacuum, the better!
A Whole Lot of Pet Hair!
According to the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) the total number of households in the US that own pets is 79,463,000. That’s a lot of pets and a whole lot of pet hair! If you share your home with a cat or dog you want to choose the best possible Cordless Vacuum for Pet Hair to help make your life easier.
Removing a pet’s hair from our home is the ultimate challenge for any type of vacuum cleaner. Until a few short years ago it was considered a job only for a well-designed and powerful corded vacuum – and perhaps only wishful thinking that someday a cordless vacuum could ever successfully rise to the challenge.
Someday has arrived! The latest DC digital motor and lithium battery technology has made that wish a reality.
The top-rated cordless vacuums have enough power and sufficient operating time to take on almost any cleaning task.
Why a Cordless Stick Vacuum May Be Your Best Option for Cleaning Pet Hair!
Besides the absence of a cord to deal with, many pet owners are attracted to these engineering marvels because they are very light weight and easy to handle.
This characteristic is especially important for above-floor and overhead cleaning. As pet hair knows no bounds, it ends up on furniture, stairs, bedding and even in the car.
That’s makes for some pretty tough cleaning when using a bulky and heavy plug in vacuum.
A typical cordless stick vacuum only weighs between 4 to 7 pounds, making it a “light duty” floor care appliance. Compare that to the average corded upright vacuum that weighs two to three times that much.
Until recently a traditional corded vacuum was necessary to do the heavy lifting when it came to cleaning. That was especially true when it came to extracting dirt and pet hair from carpet.
Some of the newest, top-rated cordless stick vacuums can generate up to 80 inches of water lift and up to 185 Air Watts of suction power. That’s enough suction to extract trampled down, embedded dirt and hair from low to medium pile carpet. And with the right amount of mechanical agitation from a motorized floor brush, it can even deep clean some of the long pile carpet styles.
The Truth you Should Know about Cordless Pet Hair Vacuums
Convenience is a Compromise!
Obviously, a cordless vacuum depends on an on-board battery for its power source. In order to keep the weight manageable the battery must be relatively small. This compromise limits the amount of operating time that can be obtained on a single charge. That, in turn, limits the amount of cleaning you can accomplish before having to re-charge the battery.
Until recently that compromise was a significant issue for pet owners. However, the latest cordless models are equipped with more efficient batteries that allow longer run times. With the exception of really dirty floors, in most instances a moderate size house can be cleaned in a half hour or so.
Some battery-powered models feature Run Times of up to one hour on a single charge. While other top models feature a removable battery pack. With an Optional 2nd battery pack the run time can actually be doubled, giving the operator plenty of time to finish any cleaning task.