Bissell PowerGlide Lift-Off Pet Bagless Vacuum
Overall Cleaning Performance7.5/10
- Good cleaning performance on low pile carpeting
- Lift Away feature adds versatility
- On/Off Brush Roll selector
- Swivel steering reduces fatigue
- 5 Year Warranty
- NOT suited for vacuuming medium to heavy pile carpet
- Relatively small Dust Cup
Professional Review of the Bissell PowerGlide Lift-Off Pet Bagless Vacuum 2763
And the best way to vacuum carpeted floors is with an Upright vacuum.
The New Bissell PowerGlide Lift-Off Pet Bagless Vacuum Cleaner was “intended” to provide you with the best of both worlds for the price of one vacuum cleaner.
It is also labeled as a pet hair vacuum cleaner which is a whole other area of vacuum cleaner specialization.
This is a detailed unbiased review of the Bissell PowerGlide Lift-Off Pet Bagless Vacuum.
You will find all the info and answers to any questions you probably have here to help you make a confident and informed decision.
Contents at a Glance
Features of the Bissell PowerGlide Lift-Off Pet Bagless
With most upright vacuums cleaners, making the best use of the detachable stretch hose and attachments to clean your stairs and above-floor cleaning jobs will get the job done but not easily.
The concept of a Lift Off canister and vacuum power unit module to use as a portable vacuum is a feature that makes perfect sense.
It greatly increases the vacuum’s utility and essentially gives you the benefit of having 2 vacuums for the price of 1.
It makes especially good sense for the homeowner coping with pet hair in their home.
Bissell did a good job of designing the PowerGlide Lift-Off Pet Bagless 2763.
You will find the lift-off module or Pod is easy to detach and handy to carry.
The Turbo-Eraser Pet Tool is effective for vacuuming stairs however not as effective as a Canister Vacuum with an electric motor powered brush roll.
The portability and a 27 foot power cord make it excellent for cleaning hard to reach areas including vehicles.
I found it takes a little practice to get the Lift-Off Module to line up and snap into place but it is not a significant issue.
Another unique feature on the Bissell PowerGlide Lift-Off Pet Bagless Vacuum I liked is the Swivel Steering.
A “well designed” swivel steering system like this one does make it easier to steer around obstacles.
Customer reviews tend to be mixed for this type of technology.
Most praise the maneuverability.
A few complain it is hard on the wrists. Some say it puts added strain on the back. Others feel it would have been a better vacuum without the Swivel Steering feature.
I found it does take some getting used to but once you do this feature will make your vacuuming easier!
Bagless Dirt Bin Canister
You will find the Dirt Bin or Dust Cup on the Bissell Lift-Off Pet is easy to detach, dump, and snap back in place. It is relatively small and if you have a large house with pets or lots of debris to vacuum up it may require multiple trips to the trash can to empty.
I discovered it is relatively easy to accidentally trip the dump release button while carrying the canister to the trash can so care must be taken to avoid an extra mess.
No-Loss of Suction Power
According to Bissell the suction loss after using multiple loadings of dirt is only 5% which is very good (*Tested per IEC 60312-1 with multiple dust loadings, results within accepted tolerance of 5%)
The Bissell PowerGlide Lift-Off Pet features Multi-Cyclonic technology is designed to keep larger particulates and debris in the canister so it doesn’t clog the filters causing suction loss.
The Bissell PowerGlide Lift-Off Pet with its powerful 12 amp motor does have excellent suction and does a very good job of deep cleaning carpet. I didn’t detect any “Loss of Suction Power” as the dirt bin canister filled up.
However, if you don’t keep the filters clean as recommended in the User’s Guide the suction will suffer as with most vacuums.
A Brush-Roll Quick Disengage button located on the base of the Bissell PowerGlide Lift-Off Pet allows you to transition from carpet to hard floor surfaces so you don’t scatter dirt and debris away from the vacuum head. This feature also allows you to vacuum light throw rugs and mats without tangling them it the brush roll.
What I don’t like is that the Vacuum Head Height adjustment is automatic.
That works OK on hard and wood floor surfaces and also on short-pile commercial-type or outdoor carpet but it does not Auto-adjust high enough to vacuum medium or deep pile carpet without digging the front of the vacuum head in making it more difficult to push.
This is an issue you should be aware of before purchasing.
• Turbo-Eraser Pet Tool
The Vacuum-powered rotating brush attachment included with the Bissell PowerGlide Lift-Off Pet has molded paddle-type bristles and does a good job of removing pet hair from your upholstery and stairs.
However, as I mentioned above, it is powered by air and not a direct-drive motor so you cannot apply very much pressure or it will stop the brush from rotating (Read Operators Manual.)
• Crevice Tool
For cleaning in corners and tight places like between the wall and fridge or between the couch cushions.
Multi-Levels of Filtration
The Bissell Lift-Off Pet vacuum utilizes (3) Filters: (2) Pre-Motor filters, one fiber and one foam which help protect the motor from dust. Both are washable.
The single Post-Motor Filter is intended to “reduce” particulates that get blown back in to the air from the exhaust.
It is made of Pleated Paper and the loose dirt can be shaken or vacuumed out but once it is plugged with dirt it must be replaced. A package of all three filters costs about $15.
The Bissell PowerGlide Lift-Off Pet Bagless DOES NOT have a HEPA Filter and Bissell makes no claim as to the effectiveness of the Post-Motor Filter.
My educated guess is it is comparable to other vacuums in the same price range or perhaps lower.
Most pet hair vacuums $150 and under tend to have some leakage around the filter and filter compartment because the parts do not fit as well as the higher priced vacuums such as, Dyson, Shark, and LG.
So you can have the largest HEPA filter and not be effective if it leaks.
I would NOT recommend the BISSELL PowerGlide Pet Lift-Off if you or someone in your household has allergies.
One of the features I really appreciate on the Bissell Lift-Off is the Collapsible Handle,
This makes for easier storage in smaller homes and the relatively light 16.2 pounds make it easy to carry up or down stairs, and transport in vehicles.
One of the best features of the BISSELL PowerGlide Pet Lift-Off is the generous Five-Year Limited Warranty
- As I stated in the beginning of this review Bissell designed the PowerGlide Pet Lift-Off to provide the advantages of a powerful bagless upright pet hair vacuum cleaner as well as the versatility of a portable vacuum to make cleaning stair and other hard to reach places easier.
- I really like the Lift Off feature and believe it really adds significantly to the versatility of this product.
- The Swivel Steering works well and does make steering easier although with more wrist activity but it reduces the vacuum cleaners ability to clean under low-clearance objects so it depends on which is more important as to whether or not there is a Net Gain.
- The Vacuum Suction Power is strong and it does a very good job of removing lose dirt, debris, and pet hair from the carpet without losing suction. The same powerful suction makes the portable mode very effective also.
- The Bissell Lift-Off Pet Bagless 2763 does a good job of transitioning from carpet to hard floor surfaces with the Auto-Adjusting Vacuum Head and the On/Off Brush Roll selector switch.
- The 27 Foot Power cord is adequate for most large rooms and I like the Quick-Release Storage Hook that saves deployment time.
- The Dirt Bin or canister is easy to detach, dump, and attach.
- The Pre-Motor Filters are washable and the Post-Motor Filter is cleanable until it becomes clogged.
- Fast and Simple Assembly with only 5 steps that take only a few minutes.
- The quality and fit of the injection molded plastic parts is as good as or slightely better than other Vacuum Cleaners in the $150 price range.
- The Attachments are decent quality and work well.
- It has a generous 5 Year Warranty!
- The BISSELL PowerGlide Pet Lift-Off is designed to be used on thin carpeting like commercial or outdoor carpet and on hard floors.
- It DOES NOT perform well on medium or thick pile carpet. The reason for this is it does not have an adjustable Brush Roll that allows you to custom set the height for carpet thickness. It does tell you this in the Operator’s Manual but if you have to learn about this deficiency there and you happen to have medium to heavy pile carpet you will not be a happy camper. It is very difficult to push on even medium carpet!
- The Dirt Bin or Dust Cup is relatively small requiring frequent trips to the trash can to empty.
I like the Lift-Off technology of this Bissell PowerGlide pet hair vacuum. I think it is one of the most innovative and useful features to be offered on vacuums for a while. Bissell did a good job of working out most of the design details for this model.
The Suction Power is very strong and it does an excellent job of removing pet hair from carpet.
I think the price point is about right. Also READ: Best Vacuum for Pet Hair
The Bissell Lift-Off Pet Bagless 2763 receives high Customer Review ratings with most of the legitimate complaints referencing the Issue with vacuuming medium to deep pile carpet.
The BISSELL PowerGlide Pet Lift-Off IS NOT suited for vacuuming medium to heavy pile carpet. If you have medium to heavy carpet you will be disappointed.
If this ISSUE precludes this vacuum from your consideration and the Lift-Off technology IS important to you I would encourage you to look at the Shark Rotator Professional Lift Away which has similar Lift-Away Technology, 5 Year Warranty, Superior Filtration and is one of the best vacuum cleaners available for only about $50 dollars more.
If the Lift-Off feature IS NOT important to you and you need to stay Under $150 then I would encourage you to take a look at the Hoover WindTunnel Air Steerable UH72400 or the Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Pet Rewind Plus 70210, which are two of the Top Rated Pet Hair Vacuums Under $150
If your home has low pile carpet and hard floor surfaces that you want to be able to vacuum and want the versatility of the Lift-Off feature then the Bissell Lift-Off Pet Bagless model 2763 with its 5 Year Warranty would be a safe choice!